Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Planning Ahead

So, next year is rapidly approaching which means that all us university students who aren't graduating this year (and even those of us who are) need to pull up are socks, get our lives in order and decide what we want to do next year or for the next three years as the case may be. This, for some, may be an extremely challenging process. I find it challenging mostly due to the fact that I want to talk everything that I see.

This is when my social ineptness doesn't come in handy.

Today Dr. Gordon McOuat gave a lecture on Darwin in FYP (he gave four lectures on Darwin in HOST but that's not important to my story today). It was a lovely lecture and I enjoyed it immensely. During the break I went down to tell him that I was really enjoying the lecture because I think he's really cool (this is a big step for me because people scare me a lot). I also managed to blurt out the fact that I've been considering doing a combined honors in HOST. He thought that was a good idea. I also made an appointment to meet with him tomorrow after lecture to talk to him about it a little more.

I always think that people are going to be way more terrifying than they are or think that I'm asking stupid questions. I'm glad that I finally talked to Dr. McOuat. I've been meaning to for some time because he's probably the only person in the whole department that I can actually say something in front of without sounding like an idiot (not because I don't have a healthy fear/respect for him and his intelligence, that part still terrifies me. He just seems really nice, understanding and easy to talk to).

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I think it's going to be a good day.

Also, I got back one of my papers today. I got another B. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment