Monday, February 20, 2012

Life Unexpected

I started watching Life Unexpected yesterday and don't get me wrong, it's a great show. The plot is extremely predictable and the characters make the same mistakes over and over again but I can say that I genuinely enjoy watching it.

I don't know about you, my faithful readers, but I get emotionally attached to a lot of things. People, books, movies, characters, television shows, sun glasses. You name it, I can attach to it. Some people might say that this is a bad trait and I wholeheartedly agree with them. It isn't the greatest in fact it is probably the root of a lot of my anxiety and sadness but as of right now that's the way I am so I just need to learn how to deal with it.

Anyways, back to this show I've been watching. I've become emotionally involved with the three main characters and when they make a mistake or someone comes back into the plot line (even though you know they had to) I get really upset and flustered and yell at my computer (just imagine how bad I am when I'm part of a fandom *coughcoughfringecough*).

I think this show, though predictable, says a lot about life. Who hasn't made the same stupid mistake twice? Or three times? Or more than three time? Don't you ever wish that your friend would wake up and realize all the stupid things that they're doing or how they're following the same dating trends with the same results and if they want something good to happen they just need to change a little? Do you ever wish that you'd realize this in yourself?

One of the reasons I believe that I get attached to books, movies, television shows and the characters in them is because I can always see a piece of myself in them, even if it's not who I am now. For instance, in Nurse Jackie I see my wishes to be able to pull off her deviousness in my wicked dreams where I become true overlord ruler of the world (it's a pretty sick dream). Books, movies and television are a great media to find out what you are and what you aren't if you can connect with the characters and the situations and not everyone can do this but it is pretty neat.

I don't think this is the real reason that I'm blogging right now though. I have a lot of things flowing through my mind that I want to say but don't feel I can mainly because I don't know who reads this and that could be potentially problematic/embarrassing/I don't know what. Of course this crypticness may only make you more curious as to the thoughts flowing around my brain (it's a very interesting place to be).

All of this being said I would defs suggest watching Life Unexpected (it's currently on Netflix for those of you who have it... Arrested Development is also there and it is also extremely awesome) Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment