Thursday, February 16, 2012

Panic

Right now I wish I had a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy so I could read the big friendly words on the back "don't panic"

This panic has recently become my friend upon the realization that I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT KANT and the fact that I'm being tested on him tomorrow. In the last two hours all the philosophy I knew slowly fell out of my brain and dripped out of my ears and is currently lost somewhere in the universe. Unfortunately this secret hiding place of all my knowledge is, naturally, unknown to me.

So, while I go in search for it before my midterm I wish you all a great night. If I don't have a brain melt tomorrow I'll blog again and if not you have been a wonderful audience (melodramatic).

Categorical Imparative: You should do the right thing because it is right. You should not save my dog so you can use it against me later.

Good: The only thing that is good is the will. Intentions can be good or bad depending on the something? I think? see dog example

Synthetic A Priori: I have no idea.
Synthetic: Not analytic. can determine things on their own
A Priori: Not based on experience
Do they work together? 
ACCORDING TO KANT: YES

No comments:

Post a Comment