Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer to Autum to School.

So, it's been a while since I've blogged. I feel like I start every entry like this so I figured why stop now? I have the usual excuses for neglecting this book: I was busy and I didn't have anything to write. Not good excuses but excuses all the same.

It's that time of year again. Back to school, back to reading, back to blogging about nothing in particular. I thought that to start of this lovely school year I should share my summer with you first so that you can all know where I'm at and where I'm going.

April was alright, it was stressful because I wasn't being very successful at finding a job. I had an interview with UPS that went really well and was scheduled to have a second interview when I heard from Climate Technical Gear (formally Helly Hanson Canada Limited) who was offering me full time summer employment thanks to my mother's good friend. Needless to say that I took that job and starting working on the first Thursday of May.

May was good. I worked a lot. I spent a lot of money. It was good.

June had its normal disappointments. My birthday was a mild success. Someone who I wanted to go didn't, people who I didn't want to go did, and I got to see my best friends and had my first legal drink. My brother often jokes about me being an alcoholic now because I often drink martini's, Tequila Sunrises, wine or beer on the weekends with my parents. It's cute. I think that he just feels left out, but he'll get there soon enough.

Nothing of note happened in July.

In August I went camping with my family one weekend and spent one weekend home alone with the dog. I went to see two Shakespeare plays (Titus Andronicus and The Merry Wives of Windsor) both put on by Shakespeare by the Sea. They were both wonderful. I actually saw The Merry Wives of Windsor twice, once with my aunt, uncle and grandmother and once with my family. My Aunt and Uncle from B.C. have taken another year off and they are currently visiting us before leaving on a trip with my Grandmother and other Aunt somewhere in Europe (though they don't know where yet) and my Grandmother is thinking of getting another cat when she comes home because Maurise disappeared (it was very depressing and I'd rather not talk about it).

Although September has just started it's been a fairly busy month in my house. I've gotten all ready for school, got my bus pass and locker at my school, cleaned my room and fish tank, have prepared to get new fish and bought new pants. I'm not nearly ready to go back yet though even though tomorrow is the big day. I'm still really nervous because I didn't really talk to any of my friends all summer and I'm worried that they aren't really my friends anymore, not that that really matters much for my anxiety about class because none of them are really in any of my classes so I'll be drowning on my own.

I've read a lot in the last week so there have been quite a few updates on the book blog. I would encourage you to check them out if you're a book person. I think they're relatively decent and if not I'd appreciate the feedback.

I'd ask you all how your summer's went but you rarely answer

I'm sure you'll all be hearing from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment