Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nerd Life?

I doubt this actually exists now, either that or I hang out with a lot of outliers.

I've noticed recently that people are saying that they follow the so called "nerd life" because they've read some popular books (Harry Potter, and the Hunger Games (and maybe Hank Green or whatever who started this all. I haven't read any of his books but he seems like a pretty cool guy)) and are part of popular fandoms (above). Anyways, I'm just doubtful that this makes you a nerd.

First of all what is so nerdy about reading popular books whenever everyone else is reading them? That just seems pretty normal to me. I mean, if you're going through a book or two or three a week (unless they're all 1000 pages or so and they take you a few weeks to read. That would be an exception) you may be a book nerd. May.

I really don't know if anyone agrees with me or if this is all complete and utter bull it just irritates me somewhat that people praise the "nerd life" when they aren't even that nerdy. Then again, this is coming from someone who was excluded from a lot of things in elementary/junior high because they liked reading and being nerdy.

Anyways....

Don't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment