Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day One

So today was utterly fantastic.

I've spent a while thinking about how to write this out because I want to share it all with me but every time I start I seem to end at a loss of words.

I guess, as always, the best place to start is the beginning.

My bus ride was really good this morning. It still comes at the same time and everything is wonderful. I'm really excited for the new terminal to open though. It looks really awesome. I'll be able to ride the bus with even more comfort now.

I got to school 2 hours before my first class so I read a bit and bummed around and saw some people that I knew but it really wasn't that exciting.

I had French first which was really scary. My prof seems really nice and I like her a lot, but I don't know anyone in the class and I'm really bad at french. She spent a great deal of time talking about whether we really belonged in this class or not seeing that it's meant for beginners and I'm really worried that she might not think that I belong there when I really really do. French really scares me, a lot of things really scare me. I think that if only for the sake of my sanity I should be able to start at the easiest level. My last experience with French really made me doubt my knowledge a lot mostly because my teacher was so horrible. Even if this turns out not to be the right course for me, I think it will really help me build my confidence in my ability to speak whatever little bit of French I can which makes it worth it in my mind at least.

I was really worried about Astronomy because it's right after French and they were in different buildings. Turns out it only takes me 4 minutes to get there and I have a total of 10. WHO KNEW.

Anyways, Astronomy is seriously awesome. My prof introduced himself by speaking Klingon and then proceeded to talk about lots of cool physics stuff. When he said that we needed a scientific calculator and had to do math I could feel all the arts kids cringing. I'm really excited. I really missed physics last year. I think this is going to be really good.

Between Astronomy and HOST I had an hour break so I went to track down one of my friends and eat my lunch. He's doing FYP this year and so far he's really enjoying it. He's finding it intimidating but I'd be worried if he didn't. Turnshttp://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=9061730177264933195#editor/target=post;postID=695261627683705249 out he has one of my favourite tutors as his main tutor and I'm really excited because I know that they'll both get along well.

When I was walking with Nick to his tutorial another one of my old profs stopped me in the hall to talk. It terrified me a little, but in a good way. I'm just not used to people knowing who I am and being interested in me because most of the time they aren't. Especially someone who I respect (and fear) so much. But it was a good conversation and I didn't run away so all is well.

I had a little bit more of a wait for my HOST class but when it finally started IT WAS AWESOME. There's 14 other people in the class so it's really small which means we get some one on one time with the prof which is really awesome. One of my close friends from last year is in that class with me which is really exciting because it means that we'll still see each other frequently. As a class, today wasn't particularly interesting and we got let out early.

My friend, her roommate and I went to take care of some errands after that, picking up the odds and ends of books which we had neglected to get which was good. Then we went to their apartment and played with the cat and then played cards. It was really fun.

Then I went home and did some more things for class and wrote this.

My life is really exciting.

This year has started out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment