Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stress Relief Day.

The lovely administration at my oh so wonderful school decided that we needed to learn how to be less stress. Great idea right? Wrong.

They had a cutesy assembly first period (my off block) which I opted out of (as in I hid in the band room) but from what I've heard I didn't miss much. By much I mean nothing at all. That was cool. It gave me a chance to do some much needed practicing on various instruments and I got to relax. My bestie wanted to go to the assembly but she didn't want to go alone so I think she's a little irked that I would rather practice that sit through something that I don't need to hear but my mother says I suck at reading people so maybe not. To be fair I did ditch her at lunch as well for some homework. That I lost, found and didn't finish. I'm such a great student. Instead of actually doing what I should I decided that playing more Fantsies Impromptu would be much more fun. And it was until Nick came. He said I sounded great but it makes me nervous when people watch me practicing. Ms. D and Mander are completely different because they're more like family than friends but normal people? They can't hear my mistakes.

Seeing that I didn't go to the assembly I got all morning band because as part of the "stress relief" we needed to do activities that are suppose to make us feel good and Ms. D (who is obvs my band teacher if you haven't picked up on that yet) was having a sight reading session so being the huge band geek I am when I found that out my name was all over it in big block letters (trying to deture all those who aren't at the same level as me from coming so we might actually be able to read through something interesting (also known as hard). My efforts were in vain because a whole bunch of grade 10's came and we got stuck sight reading easy stuff but I suppose that's alright. It wasn't a challenge and if I looked at it one more time it would be perfect. Apparently one of them might be one of our pieces for Disney so I'm kinda glad I got that sneak peek at it. It might be helpful later.

I have band again tonight (surprise surprise!) which is either going to be 1.) terrible, 2.) awkward, 3.) almost okay or a combination of 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 depending on how things go with a certin person WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED. really? A scene kid? Over me? How very very lame (coming from the queen of lameness herself that's a hugeee insult just fyi)

Whenever I write these I always feel so narcissistic. Oh well!


So I found this on BOOOOOOOM! today and I thought you might like it. I don't know what I think of the music yet but the pics are defs awesome. It's up there in hipster hypnotizing videos! I hope you all wake up in plaid with cool hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment