Saturday, July 10, 2010

Blogging FAIL

So basically I fail at blogging. Nothing interesting happens in my life that I can write about so I keep on procrastinating about actually updating. I had a great idea earlier when I was in the shower but it's long since abandoned me.

It's summer now. Thank god. Unfortunately I've done next to nothing so far. I've read two books, went to the beach once (it was today. I got a sun burn. It hurts), did a little yoga, rearranged my furniture and had a water fight. All of this happened this week. I feel like I'm wasting my life away but I have no idea what to do with all this spare time. I tried to get a job (if you ask my mother she'll say I didn't try, but that's a lie. I applied for two jobs and got one interview and a PFO (quoting my lovely Uncle Mark after I told him that the library called and told me I was not the successful applicant but I had a good interview and they would like me to apply for the next available position that fits in with my schedule. He also told me not to tell my parents that. they wouldn't appreciate it too much.)

Speaking of my Uncle, him and my aunt got back from France on Monday. I haven't seen him yet or had a chance to talk to him about how their time in France was yet but I'm glad they're back in Nova Scotia for a month before the head back to British Columbia to get ready for the upcoming school year (they're both teachers. I really wish that they lived closer. Maybe when they retire?). Uncle Mark has called me several times since him and my aunt returned. I really like talking to him we get along well. He asks me about my school and music and what I have planned for next year and University. I feel like he actually gets me (unlike my mother. My father is pretty good at understanding me but it's kinda shaky sometimes) and care about what I want to do with my life. I know my mum cares about it but she hasn't have as much world experience as my father or my uncle. She went to nursing school a long time ago when it wasn't overly difficult to get into. She didn't have to apply for the job that she has now and her interview was a mass interview where they interviewed ten students at once at the school because they had to fill several positions. She doesn't really understand why I'm so stressed about trying to get into a university or about getting a job because she never really had to go through any of that. My dad and uncle have though so it's easier to talk to them about it.

Well I guess I had more to talk about then I thought I did. Go figure. I should do this more often.

Until next time!

P.S. Don't forget to check out my other blog and my Tumblr. They're both getting off the ground (far better than this one did) and I do believe you'll find them more enjoyable! Ciao! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment