Wednesday, January 2, 2013

As Promised

Seeing that I've decided in my infinate wisdom not to sleep tonight [it's 6.18 AM currently], I figured now would be the perfect time to get into the nitty gritty of this past semester.

I must say, it has been pretty great. I loved all my courses except for my English whose professor was terrible and makes me want to transfer into philosophy and I've done fairly well in all my courses. My exams were easy and all my profs were pretty good except for the aforementioned. I'm really excited to go back and see my friends again and resume my studies.

Last semester I took Beginners French and Astronomy, both of which will be continuing; the Ancient Science section of my History of Science course; Listening to Classical Music; and British Literature Before 1800, all of which were interesting or at least appeared to be when I enrolled in them. This semester I'm continuing on in French and Astronomy; moving into Medieval Science; The Foundations of Science Fiction, for an English credit; and Science and Totalitarianism which I've been excited for since I enrolled in it last spring. I think it's going to be a good semester.

But you may be wondering what made last semester so great? My courses were awesome but it must be more than that. You'd be right in this thinking. I met a great many people this semester, all of whom are really awesome and I'd now include amongst my closer friends. To add to the joy of gaining new people in my life, I've also had more success than I have in the past with getting some of the unwanted people to leave me alone, or at least more alone than they had before.

I have started a mildly successful quote blog with my of my friend and I watched a great many wonderful films which I can't even begin to remember or discuss in length, for if I did we'd be here all day.

I also guess I should mention that I have made some new year resolutions again this year, 3 of them to be precise. I'd like to lose some weight, but who doesn't; I'd like to remember to blog more; and I'd like to see more of my friends. I guess I could include wanting to get better and grammar and punctuation, but I have a feeling that will be thrust upon me whether I want it to be or not, though I do believe that in the last semester I've made great strides to become a better writer even if my English prof may disagree on this point.

Luckily I don't go back to class until the 7th otherwise I'd be royally screwed right now seeing that I'm still awake and it's now 6.30 am, about the time I'd be waking up on a normal day to get ready to go to school if I slept in for a half hour. Hopefully with tonight's shenanigans I'll be able to right my sleeping schedule.

Anyways, I think I should stop writing now. I hope you all had a lovely new year, I know I did. May 2013 be better for all of us, especially my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment